Canada’s greatest airline has knowledgeable 1,500 of its staff that they’re going to quickly be out of jobs because of new journey restrictions and a dramatic discount in demand for flying.
The airline will “temporarily reduce its unionized workforce by 1,500 people and by an as-yet-undetermined number of management positions,” Air Canada informed CBC News.
The transfer comes on the heels of a choice final week to quickly shut down all Rouge flights, which resulted in the loss of 80 jobs.
“This is a due to the federal government’s introduction of a mandatory quarantine on arrival as well at the continued suspension of flights to Mexico and the Caribbean,” the airline’s largest union CUPE stated.
At least 900 of the roles misplaced will come from CUPE members.
The airline can also be shutting down service on 17 more routes beginning subsequent week together with:
- Toronto to Fort Myers, Florida.
- Toronto to Boston.
- Toronto to Washington, D.C. (Reagan)
- Toronto to Denver
- Toronto to New York City (Laguardia)
- (*17*) to Boston.
- (*17*) to LaGuardia.
- Vancouver to Seattle.
- Toronto to Bogotá, Colombia.
- Toronto to Dubai.
- Toronto to São Paulo, Brazil.
- Toronto to Hong Kong.
- Toronto to Tel Aviv, Israel.
- (*17*) to Bogotá, Colombia.
- Vancouver to London, UK.
- Vancouver to Tokyo (Narita).
- Toronto to Dublin, Ireland.