New flight rules introduced for domestic and international flyers
DGCA New Guidelines & Rules for Airlines: "Airlines may serve pre-packed snacks/meals/pre-packed beverages on domestic flights depending on the duration of flight," an order issued by the Civil Aviation Ministry said on Thursday.
New flight rules: India’s aviation safety regulator seems to take on board a zero-tolerance approach to safety. It’s the newest set of flight rules that contains a rather stern missive: if you fail to wear a mask, you might be banned from flying entirely, not just from that flight.
After having consulted all parties concerned, the ministry of civil Aviation allowed airlines to serve pre-packed snacks, meals and drinks on domestic flights. The Department has also warned that any passenger refusing to wear a mask in an aircraft may be put on the airline no-fly list.
The Center has allowed airlines to serve prepackaged snacks, meals and drinks on domestic flights depending on travel times and hot meals on international flights in its recent collection of coronavirus directives for flyers.
Here are the list of new flying rules you should Follow:
1) Meal Service
- The airlines have been allowed to provide meal services on board.
- Airlines may serve pre-packed snacks / meals / pre-packed beverages as per the policy of the Airlines depending on the duration of flight time subject to the following conditions :-
- In all classes, tray set-up, plates and cutlery will be completely disposable with no re-use, or cleaned disinfected rotables will be used.
- In all classes! tea/coffee/ non-alcoholic beverage services will be in disposable cans/containers/bottles/glasses.
- There will be no pouring service and beverages will be served in single use disposable units.All used disposable and rotable meal.
- Crew shall wear a fresh set of gloves for every meal/beverage service.
- The passengers would be informed of the above practices for strict compliance before the start of catering services by way of passenger announcements.
2) In-Flight entertainment
- All IFEs will be cleaned and disinfected prior to the boarding of passengers.
- Each seat will have its own dedicated IFE to be used only by the passenger occupying the seat.
- Over and above standard SOP for aircraft interior cleaning, all passenger touchpoints will be carefully cleaned and disinfected after the flight.”
3) Ban if no mask
The General Directorate of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has announced that refusal to wear a face mask on board a flight will put a passenger on the no-fly list.
“Airlines may serve pre-packed snacks/meals/pre-packed beverages on domestic flights depending on the duration of flight,” an order issued by the Civil Aviation Ministry said on Thursday.